Thursday, May 20, 2010

Wildlife on Kiawah











Kiawah Island is full of amazing wildlife. There are days were you take its beauty for granted, but today I was reminded of just how unique our wildlife is. Alligators are part of Kiawah's natural habitat and 9 times out of 10 you will see them relaxing on the side of a lagoon or trolling the pond waters. Today, however, a mighty beast made his presence known. He traveled about a quarter of a mile in the early morning and decided he'd look for his mate near the hotel. After about 25 minutes of forming a game plan, the Town of Kiawah, along with the assistance of Resort Security and Recreation, relocated the gator. I imagine I won't be seeing this again in my lifetime and am so excited I had the opportunity to be right there next to the action.




Enjoy the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment